Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 game config problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dolphin seems to be completely ignoring anything I put into a games config file. I have done everything people have said (right click game, properties, edit config) and it still does not work. For most of the games I am just trying to change the GFX backend and the xfb but it never works properly. Is there something i am doing wrong.
You may not have proper write permissions for the Dolphin Emulator folder. Run Dolphin as an Administrator and see if that fixes the problem.
(09-05-2016, 06:56 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You may not have proper write permissions for the Dolphin Emulator folder. Run Dolphin as an Administrator and see if that fixes the problem.

It still ignores anything I put into the config. I will put an example picture of the config file for a jimmy neutron game I am trying to edit.
okay i got the gfxbackend working (found out you need to put it under [core] but xfb still does not work. is there a new command to enable xfb in the ini files for 5.0
All the options have specific sections where they have to be in.

For virtual xfb you should need:
Code:
[Video_Settings]
UseXFB = True
UseRealXFB = False
(09-05-2016, 09:37 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]All the options have specific sections where they have to be in.

For virtual xfb you should need:

Code:
[Video_Settings]
UseXFB = True
UseRealXFB = False

thank you. got it working now. do you know where i can find a list of the categories codes should be in. i cannot seem to find anything.
Yeah, Link_to_the_past made an excellent guide on using gameini settings here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game