Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: zelda twilight princess GC fps low
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

filipisilva

Hello my friends

please ask to help me.

I am very FAN Zelda since Ocarina of Time

I'm trying to emulate the twilight princess zelda Gamecube

however I run at 31 FPS

more when I get in some places the game as village ordon
fps 14/16 causing drops to a locking

I'm running on ultrabook specifically

Dell inspiron 14Z

specifications

intel core i5 3337u overclocked with ThrottleStop

Graphics card: Intel HD graphics 4000
dedicated: amd radeon 7500 / 7600m
O.S windows 10

emulation default settings

Direct3D11

I'm almost giving up playing for this fact ..

I Cooling kit for my ultrabook, heat extractor / MesaCooler

CPU temperature during the game 46-58 degrees ceusius with attached cooler.

It is something I can do to get a little more FPS?

ps: my processor is at 40- 50% of use
Have you followed the laptop performance guide?
How else would he have known to use throttlestop already?

"intel core i5 3337u overclocked with ThrottleStop"

Really wished they would have added official 6th generation support already,all this time since an earlier 2015 post and still not supported,what is taking them so long?!?
Though I saw some people mention using it already,but I am a bit iffy whether I should chance it.
I wanna see if I can squeeze any more performance out of the i5 6200U at a low enough voltage,and yes,I know its an ultra-low voltage chipset to begin with.
If my multiplier is lower than 15,that would be when to increase it a little,and hopefully I can scrounge up a safe guide for exact/intricate details for doing so on ultra-low voltage setups.

I already get good speeds,but still want to push it a little further to make slowdowns non-existant where they currently would appear.
If anything,the startup sluggishness is my main reason,it takes ages just for a few icons and initially opening programs,and response time in general when nothing else is happening at the time.
Even an old single core amd sempron can open Windows 7 super fast initially where this powerful laptop takes a bit to display the icons and open programs on Windows 10,with it being stable too and all of the same tweaks as the single core desktop.
This startup sluggishness is with it hooked to the charger too and high performance across all boards with shutdowns being near instant after those changes.