Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with HD texture packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dannyazapata

Basically I downloaded the HD texture packs for Xenoblade Chronicles, specifically the core texture packs and only the lowest res HD environments. The problem is, is that only a few of the texture packs are loading, like a lot of the weapons and environments look great, but a lot of the UI elements and other things look like the originals versus the new download textures. I have the newest dolphin version downloaded, Version 5.0. I think it has to be my settings in dolphin, i may have some box checked or unchecked that's preventing textures from being replaced with the new ones. So just to be clear, its not that there are textures missing, its that some got replaced with the new ones, and a lot stayed the same as the original textures that came with the game.
I can run the game fine so i don't think its my computer doing it, and i installed everything correctly. I have no idea why this is happening so please help Q_Q
Make sure that the internal resolution is higher than the original and that Scaled EFB Copies is turned on.

dannyazapata

(09-04-2016, 11:05 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that the internal resolution is higher than the original and that Scaled EFB Copies is turned on.

I did all those things already, its a wii game so i have it on 3x Native (1920x1584) for 1018p

And the option efb thing is checked still nothing.
I think its the old format that requires certain texture cache

dannyazapata

(09-04-2016, 11:42 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I think its the old format that requires certain texture cache

Explain?

dannyazapata

Bump, Bump
Which texture pack do you use? Could you link us to that texture pack? Older texture packs have a different naming system for textures. Somewhere around version 4.0.2 and 5.0 Dolphin introduced the tex naming format for textures.

If it is the Xenoblade Chronicles texture pack you want, you will need this version: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-xe...ly-23-2016.
Texture packs (used to?) only work on same texture cache they were created on.

Try all in hacks, texture cache
With the new ("new" is relative...) tex texture format, the Texture Cache Accuracy setting should not matter anymore. The new tex format should have been implemented around 22 January, 2015. Most texture packs have already adjusted to that format, or fans have reuploaded older texture packs in the new format. Most texture packs you find on the first page on the HD Texture Projects forum section are already since long updated for the tex naming system.