Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just got a Dolphinbar. Anyway to test Wiimote rumble?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I received the Dolphinbar in the mail today. Despite Dolphin saying it doesn't detect the bar on LED 4 it actually does. The Wiimote doesn't rumble when clicking refresh. I'm guessing my wiimote rumble is broken? Is there some program out there that will let me test rumble? Thanks for your input in advanced. I'm a dummy when it comes to Wii stuff.
Can you not test it in a game?
Sorry for the late reply. Toddlers and exhaustion and stuff. Yes, I test on a Smash Bros Brawl. Ensured vibration was on in the game. Pressing the home button to ensure it is on in the settings yields nothing. I guess the Wiimote I bought has no rumble? Any other options or SOL? Thanks again.
Did you enable "Wiimote Motor" in the controller settings? That should be the option to enable rumble. Wiimote speaker data is for the audio output via wiimote, which you might want to turn off, to decrease wiimote latency.
Yessirrie. Wiimote motor is enabled. Speaker data is off.
Is it a third party Wiimote?
No sir. It's Nintendo. I did get it for cheap from Ebay so I'm guessing the rumble was broken in the mail or beforehand by the seller.
Since you got it from Ebay I also think you may have got a counterfeit one...
I doubt it. Buttons and motion work perfectly. I've read third parties and counterfeits are very hit and miss, usually miss. And I got the Dolphinbar on Amazon like everyone's suggested.

I did find it interesting that it still worked on LED 4 even though Dolphin says it doesn't register. I went for literally hours sifting through threads and troubleshooting, thinking I had defective product. I finally just started a game and everything actually worked. From what I've seen no one's addressed this issue. Should I make a PSA thread on it? Would it go here in Support or on Hardware?
In what way does Dolphin say it doesn't register the wiimote? Does it still work when you unplug the Dolphinbar? Sorry for the stupid question, but it sounds a bit like your wiimotes are connected to some bluetooth receiver you have.
Pages: 1 2