Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skies of Arcadia Legends Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I got to the ice area, and as soon as i try to go south (and end up north) my game "freezes". It's not actually a freeze because the Delphinus floats there with its rotors spinning, but I can't move or use any of the menu's.
From what I've found out online, this is most likely an error caused by the disk the rom was made from, which i hope isn't the case (mostly because i don't wanna get banned for asking "Anyone got a fix" and an admin thinking i violated the terms i just signed to make this account to ask this question, especially because i tried to solve the problem by finding a new disk, which didn't help, leading me to thinking they're all broken, so...) anyone got a fix that will actually work?

I can easily kill the flying dreamcatcher (because it's name is irrelevant, its a flying dreamcatcher) and get the 2 discoveries, but then i cut south and east to get to the ice temple and then my game strokes out.

Also, I used the discoveries code and i can't get domingo. Do i need to wipe the discoveries and then find them again?
I have found an old forum post on this issue:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/skies-...t-63333277

So it might actually be related to using cheats, and the only way to fix this might be to start a new game without cheats. Could be cheat detection that was triggered long ago, but intentionally only breaks this place.

If it was an actual bug on gamecube, that could happen with a scratched disc, i suggest trying to use "Speed up Disc Transfer Rate", right click on the game -> properties.
If your game disc is corrupted, you need to dump/rip your game disc again. If there's anything wrong with it, homebrew like CleanRip should be able to verify the disk automatically using an online database.

But I'm with mimimi, it sounds like cheats messed up your game.
Well, it was the Aurora that kept causing the glitch. So all I had to do was input the "no discoveries" code. That fixed it right up.

Suck it Sega.