Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: texts, symbols, and textures scrambled/cut up, respectively
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Emuception

hey evry1, the title is garbage ik but, here's a pic that'll show u wat my issue looks like, as i'm terrible at describing it
http://oi63.tinypic.com/wix3lt.jpg

this issue isn't happening in just that game, but all games i've ran

portraits, images, wrds, and numberz, etc. it scrambles randomly then it'll fix itself at some point, but scrambled again some time later

to b specific, if i entered a new area, menu, etc, off then on screen; it'll either fix it or scramble it again

in terms of some textures, they just look like they've been put thru a paper shredder then rendered as stripes lol

ther's no pattern as far as i'm aware, as i said, it's just random

i messed arnd with the graphics settings, checking/unchecking stuff cuz idk wat i'm doing XD and none of them fix the issue

as a side note: tried mario kart 64 and the sound skipz along with textures/english txt; seems to b  scrambled very bad in char select screen and during the racing especially

if any1 has a fix, shoot me some clear instructionz and i'll follow em to the letter

my comp specz r as follows:

x64 win7 ultimate SP1
AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core processor ~4.0GHz
16GB ram
asus AMD Radeon R9 270x

ty all in advance for taking the time to assist me
This looks like GPU driver issues. Are you using the latest AMD drivers for your GPU?

Emuception

(08-31-2016, 01:31 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]This looks like GPU driver issues. Are you using the latest AMD drivers for your GPU?

gone thru the update that it needed and checked the device manager's display adapter to confirm and it is up to date now

unfortunately, the issue persists Sad
(08-31-2016, 01:31 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]This looks like GPU driver issues. Are you using the latest AMD drivers for your GPU?

I am having the same problem and my drivers are up-to-date...

It was working fine in 434...

I just updated to 504 and the problem is occurring...

Emuception

(09-02-2016, 02:21 AM)noobneutralizer Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same problem and my drivers are up-to-date...

It was working fine in 434...

I just updated to 504 and the problem is occurring...

weird, mine started as soon as i dl'd 5.0 and started playing

i have 5.0-466 now tho and still gettin it

i'm still doin trial and error for this thng so i'll post if i come across anythng new Big Grin
(09-02-2016, 10:30 AM)Emuception Wrote: [ -> ]weird, mine started as soon as i dl'd 5.0 and started playing

i have 5.0-466 now tho and still gettin it

i'm still doin trial and error for this thng so i'll post if i come across anythng new Big Grin

Alrighty...

Still happening in the newest 508...
Try deleting the cache folder in dolphin emulator I guess?
(09-02-2016, 09:18 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting the cache folder in dolphin emulator I guess?

Already tried that...

I always delete the entire contents of the folder except "Isos (self-created)" when I grab a new version of Dolphin...

So it can't be that...

Emuception

fixed it on my end

switched graphicz backend from D3D 11 to openGL and texture/text/symbols issue is gone for all games

turn off v-sync as it MIGHT slow down emulation

scaled EFB copy is checked in enhancements, the rest is optional to u

ignore format changes, store EFB copies to texture only r checked, XFB disabled, fast depth calc and disable bounding box r checked

nothing checked in advanced

in the config, i got enable dual core and idle skipping checked and using JIT recompiler

audio is using DSP HLE with Xaudio2 backend

i'm not saying this'll fix it for u, but it's better than having nothing to wrk with Tongue

thx evry1 for taking the time to assist me

side note: mario kart 64 is fine now too graphics wise, it's just the sound that skipz ahead evry 1-3secs, if any1 has a fix for that, lmk Big Grin