Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance stays fast while UI gets slower.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a now not so recent Vulkan pr build,I can make Twilight Princess title screen hit up to spikes of 500% while the UI eventually gets really sluggish over time and it can still go that fast while the fan blows and the bottom of my laptop is luke warm from the fan.
I can't help but ask,why is the UI of Dolphin itself getting so sluggish over time,even after disabling Dolphin's overclocking or underclocking pretty low?

Sorry for this waste of space just to ask this question out of curiosity and mild annoyance,its just so confusing.
What could be making the UI so sluggish when emulation is paused in the duration of an open config window?
Well, it's a PR-build, so it's not going to be perfect. Does this behavior also happen on 5.0? If so, it's a regression in the PR. The best thing to do in that case would be to notify anyone involved with that PR on GitHub so they can investigate it.

If this turns out to be something that also happens in 5.0 for whatever reason, then an issue should be filed on Dolphin's Issue Tracker.
It could be the stress from opening games several times in the same session with memory usage clogging it,also the fact I am on a ultra-low voltage laptop,even though the specs are pretty good,I don't even seem to hit 30% usage while I should be getting much higher than that with the multi-threading and dual core in effect,really odd since with N64,an older PJ64 version easily hits 30% on unlimited fps despite running on single core and one thread.

Sorry that I forgot that it tells you the exact build on the title bar,how ignorant of me.
The build is 5.0-416-dirty and now since the recent Nvidia .70 driver update the frame flickers are gone,Vulkan runs really well,and I noticed an identical map glitch like Shield TV has with the Vulkan backend,I really should grab the latest build to see if anything changed,broken or fixed.

I slightly exaggerated the speed,it actually peaks around 400% or so,and Vulkan does a good job keeping things warm instead of hot.