Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stop searching for games every launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is their anyway to stop Dolphin re-searching for games every launch?
perhaps by generating a games list file on the first run that's checked every launch
and another checkbox that's turned on/off to recheck the folders on every launch, so
it can still find new games you add into a folder.
Not really.

The gamelist functions cache your game iso metadata so it goes faster, but that's about the best we can do while still maintaining the wealth of data we have to load for each game.
Dolphin doesn't have the ability to do that. Is there any particular reason you're asking? Long start-up times from having many games?
(08-26-2016, 06:49 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]The gamelist functions cache your game iso metadata so it goes faster, but that's about the best we can do while still maintaining the wealth of data we have to load for each game.

It would be possible to be faster by doing what the original post says, but I'm not sure if it's worth the UX problems. People might turn off game list updating without knowing what it does, which can make them wonder why the game list isn't updating.
I don't like the idea of exposing an option like that either.

The only thing I'd be sort of okay with is an option to only load file names, as that is a ton faster, but even that's kinda gross UX wise.

I like how pretty our gamelist is...