Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Software Video Plugin..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to help out with testing for the software video plugin, I just need to know what information the developers are looking for and how I can help with testing?

It seems that the software video plugin renders the graphics more correctly in games than the hardware accelerated video plugins. Some plants in Twilight Princess still suffer from spiky syndrome due to improper rendering even with the software plugin so the problem may lie elsewhere with the plants.

I have however found out the software plugin is rendering the graphics in Resident Evil Code Veronica X properly, no redish tint on the screen and no black screen either. I'm just curious as to what information I can report to the developers to better help them?

Screenshot of RECVX with the software plugin:

[attachment=1399]
Things are fixed in MP3, no red backgrounds or yellow tints.
Also House of the Dead Overkill and Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed doesn't hang with the software plugin. Both get to the title screen or further, apparently a bug in the graphics plugin is the source of the problems with these games.

Minimap is visible without errors in Zelda Twilight Princess also. Smile
minimap works in ZTP on unfiltered OGL.
Is the software renderer on Windows builds based on D3D or OpenGL?

As I mentioned on Googlecode, the software rendering could be sped up by placing it on a separate thread or using more than one thread for software rendering like the Gsdx software renderer on Pcsx2.

It would make things a bit easier and quicker to test for those who want to help.
trauma center new blood now boots thanks to the software plugin.
This software rendering plugin will be useful for finding fixes for some graphics bugs... It's more like a developer tool, I think.
(10-13-2009, 07:09 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Is the software renderer on Windows builds based on D3D or OpenGL?
I think OGL ( because I see a file with the name GLUtil in the folder Tongue )
Eternal Darkness still won't boot, so most likely a core issue still.
Since it makes gl* calls...........

It looks like AlphaTest and AlphaCompare is buggy in VideoCommon.
Pages: 1 2 3