Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuttering and framerate issues on a few games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Inglorious89

Lemme preference this by saying that I'm using an older build of Dolphin (5.0-rc-19) and that I'm inexperienced with emulators, so I apologize if I'm lacking necessary information.

Anywho, a couple of games I've tried to emulate (most run fine mind you) are having an issue where they try to run at 60FPS, but whenever anything on screen even remotely busy happens, the frames drop to 30FPS. Not necessarily a bad thing (I can live with 30FPS), but what's happening is that I get severe audio and visual stuttering whenever the FPS drops to that 30 number. I've tried fiddling with the graphics options after looking up a few threads with similar issues, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?  
If it drops to 30 your probably have vsync on. More games have issues with vsync than need it.
The RC system was scrapped months ago, your build is very old. Update to 5.0 at minimum

Inglorious89

(08-25-2016, 08:22 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]The RC system was scrapped months ago, your build is very old. Update to 5.0 at minimum

I did yesterday hoping it would fix my issue, but it actually caused more issues. Tried playing Super Mario Sunshine and the water was severely pixelated. I realize this might be a "unless you upgrade there's nothing we can do for you" type of situation, but I'd rather not have to try to solve both the stuttering and pixelated water issues. Since I was still having stuttering issues with the newest version of Dolphin, what would you recommend with it to fix that?

Inglorious89

(08-25-2016, 08:22 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]If it drops to 30 your probably have vsync on. More games have issues with vsync than need it.

I checked that and vsync is off.
On both driver and dolphin?