Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking for max possible quality with my new setup setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have built a new computer. Here are my specs and CPU bench score on CPU-Z:
http://valid.x86.fr/v6hy1p

I want to get the best possible image quality out of it running at 1920x1200 (I have tri-monitor setup, but my middle monitor is 1920x1200). Which settings would be best? I am using DX12 backend at 3x native, 4xSSAA/16xAF as of right now and everything performs flawlessly on 5.0-466. Which AA, backend, etc would you recommend?
I would stay away from SSAA as it's the most demanding AA right now . FXAA and MSAA are less demanding , you can bump up internal resolution (IR) without sacrificing performance
3xIR + 4x SSAA is equivalent to 6xIR
I would use 4xIR + 2x or 4x MSAA instead
Edit : Also , you will need turn on all texture filter and lighting effect . If you use Ishiruka build , you can use ishiruka FX (post processing effects) . I tried it on Xenoblade plus HD texture , the game looks absolutely stunning in 3k+ Big Grin
(08-25-2016, 02:39 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I would stay away from SSAA as it's the most demanding AA right now . FXAA and MSAA are less demanding , you can bump up internal resolution (IR) without sacrificing performance
3xIR + 4x SSAA is equivalent to 6xIR
I would use 4xIR + 2x or 4x MSAA instead
Edit : Also , you will need turn on all texture filter and lighting effect . If you use Ishiruka build , you can use ishiruka FX (post processing effects) . I tried it on Xenoblade plus HD texture , the game looks absolutely stunning in 3k+ Big Grin

I would have to use OpenGL for postprocessing effects window to appear. Is using OpenGL better than using DX12? OpenGL seems to run exactly the same as DX12 to me.
OpenGL is fast on nvidia hardware. In some cases just as fast as D3D12.

D3D12 is faster in a lot of instances but if you're already running at full speed it's irrelevant. It's mostly useful for people with weaker systems.