Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How Well Can I Run Xenoblade HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yvelsa

I plan on picking up a better computer soon, one that caught my eye had these features:

Superwater CPU Fan
Asus Sabertooth 990FX Mubo
Radeon GT 610
AMD 3.5 GHz 8 Core CPU
12800 16 GB ddr3
Seagate 3TB HD
Corsair Modular
Windows 7 Ultimate.

I was suspecting it's possible that the Graphics Card may hold it back for Xenoblade and other wii games on 1080p?
(08-24-2016, 07:49 AM)Yvelsa Wrote: [ -> ]I plan on picking up a better computer soon, one that caught my eye had these features:

Superwater CPU Fan
Asus Sabertooth 990FX Mubo
Radeon GT 610
AMD 3.5 GHz 8 Core CPU
12800 16 GB ddr3
Seagate 3TB HD
Corsair Modular
Windows 7 Ultimate.

I was suspecting it's possible that the Graphics Card may hold it back for Xenoblade and other wii games on 1080p?

It comes with an OS that can't use DX12 (and never will, now that you can't get free updates anymore) , and AMD's aren't great for Dolphin. There is no Radeon GT 610. Is it an NVIDIA card or an AMD, because if it's AMD you're missing some numbers.
If you want decent Dolphin performance you'll need to overclock the hell out of that AMD chip.

Some users report that AMD chips seem to work fine for the most part at roughly 4.2 ghz.
Quote:I plan on picking up a better computer soon
I don't know what is your current rig but I'm sure no one would pick that build unless it's free
The GPU is probably Nvidia GT 610 and it's even slower than Intel Integrated GPU . AMD CPU is slow for Dolphin , a AMD FX CPU @ 5.0GHz is as fast as Core i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz (Dolphin is a dual core app and AMD is terrible at single core performance )
The latest Core i3 is i3 6100@ 3.7GHz and it's twice as fast as that AMD CPU @ 3.5GHz
GT 610 can only handle wii native res (480p) . If you really want run games at 1080p , get the GTX 750ti , it's only $100 on amazon or a used AMD HD 7750 ($15-$30 on ebay)