Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Not Working: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

alexishere13

Dolphin Not Working: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll missing

I got this error when I didn't install the Visual C++ Runtimes for Visual Studio 2015 when I first installed Dolphin 5.0. Fair enough, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it with these runtimes. But then I STILL get the same error. I assume that I may have to restart my PC, so I restart it. Nothing has changed, so I download the runtimes from Microsoft's website, and it says they're already installed. I assume they've been corrupted or something, so I click "repair". Then I get this error:

0x80070057 - The Parameter Is Incorrect.

So I then go on Microsoft's website, where one other person has had this error, and Microsoft told them to update Windows, which worked for them. Okay, so I open Windows Update, and I get the notice "Some Settings Are Managed By Your System Administrator". I don't think much of it, and click "Check for Updates", only to get this error:

Windows Update can't check for updates because the service is not running. You may need to restart your PC.

I just DID restart my PC, but I restart it again anyway, and the error still appears. I figure it may have to do with the notice, so I click the link that says "More Information." to the right of the notice, and get linked to a dead Windows Help And Support page. So then I look up THIS error on the internet, and find a page telling me to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and if that doesn't work, DO A FULL RESTORE ON MY F***ING PC. Obviously I'm not gonna do a full restore, so I run the troubleshooter, and... nothing. Run it again as admin (Even though I am system admin), and... once again, nothing. I try to run Dolphin again, still nothing. So, I come to this forum, and after the F***ING ATROCIOUS signup process, I'm here, just about at my wit's end. So please, tell me.

HOW THE F*** DO I GET DOLPHIN 5.0 WORKING! I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE SIMS 2 FOR GAMECUBE!

Thank you for your help.
Well, that's not a problem with Dolphin, and you're already figured that your OS is screwed. Like it or not, doing a full restore is probably the only thing left to do. And don't assume it's a issue just with Dolphin, any program targeting Visual C++ 2015 won't run too.

alexishere13

(08-22-2016, 09:49 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's not a problem with Dolphin, and you're already figured that your OS is screwed. Like it or not, doing a full restore is probably the only thing left to do. And don't assume it's a issue just with Dolphin, any program targeting Visual C++ 2015 won't run too.

The old version of Dolphin worked fine, and I don't really use any other programs that use Visual C++ 2015.
That's because the old versions targeted Visual C++ 2013, not 2015.