Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't run any games. "Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been my first time using Dolphin, and I've made other topics about more specific problems I've had but have never gotten a solution. The first time I installed Dolphin and ran a game, everything worked perfectly. The next day, the game wouldn't run, so I put all the Dolphin folders in the trash and emptied it, then reinstalled Dolphin. That did nothing to help, and on top of the the folder that usually shows up in the Documents folder labeled "Dolphin Emulator" didn't show up this time. Next I tried uninstalling Dolphin using the "uninst" program in the folder, which I hadn't seen before, and then reinstalled again. Once again, the game wouldn't run and the "Dolphin Emulator" file never appeared. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game ROM, and still nothing.

When I try to run the game, three error messages pop up, one after the other once I click "Ok".

Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF
SetupWiiMemory: Can't create setting.txt file
Unable to resolve read address 80004000 PC 0

Clicking "Ok" on the last one repeats the same message infinitely until I close the program with the Task Manager.

Does anyone have a way to fix this? I wanted to do a sprite edit, but the game doesn't run, and even if it did, I have no way to access the sprites because of the missing "Dolphin Emulator" folder. I'll try downloading another ROM and seeing if that can run.
(08-21-2016, 01:59 AM)footbol-helmoot Wrote: [ -> ]This has been my first time using Dolphin, and I've made other topics about more specific problems I've had but have never gotten a solution [...]

Does anyone have a way to fix this? I wanted to do a sprite edit, but the game doesn't run, and even if it did, I have no way to access the sprites because of the missing "Dolphin Emulator" folder. I'll try downloading another ROM and seeing if that can run.

Downloading games is against the rules.

Quote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded a game will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. Asking where to find or download games will get you banned immediately. Providing where to download games will get you banned immediately. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.