Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A question and a problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I'd like to ask you a question about the translation of Dolphin. I'd like to contribute to the German translation.
I made an account at Transifex and send a Join Request but I didn't get a respond yet. Is Dolphin still translated wth Transifex
and how can I join in?

Furthermore, I still have a very weird problem with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. I already asked about
this several years ago but I didn't get a reply. Recently, I played the game again and noticed that the problem is still there.

When I have a save file, complete a dungeon and then try to save, the save file screen shows that I apparently have no save file.
When I make a new save on this screen, Dolphin makes a second save file on the Memory Card.
However, when I close and reopen Dolphin, I can't access the save I made after I completed the dungeon, only the one before the dungeon.
Strangely enough, when I load this save and complete a dungeon, the second save file pops up again on the save screen.
But I can't really save my progress because Dolphin only lets me load the save I made before a dungeon.
This problem doesn't appear necessarily after the first dungeon but then it occurs on the second dungeon I complete.
Can I do something about this?

Thank you very much for your help!
Yes, Dolphin is still translated using Transifex. I'm currently the one who handles most join requests, and unfortunately, I haven't been keeping myself up to date with join requests recently. There's a bit of a special case for languages like German, though. It already has 100% translation coverage and many translators, so I'm not sure if more are needed. Additionally, there is an active coordinator of German, degasus. (Well, at least he's active in other places when it comes to Dolphin... I'm not sure how much he's on Transifex.) When possible, I prefer to let coordinators decide who should join, since they know more than me about how much the language needs new translators and possibly how good the new translators are at translating to the language.

I've heard about the FF:CC issue before from other users, but I don't have any answers to it.
A few people have mentioned similar issues in the Crystal Chronicles thread. I've almost beaten the game quite recently and I personally haven't encountered any of those issues.
I'll try again tomorrow on a clean memory card to see if I can reproduce this.

Since you didn't mention: have you verified that your ISO isn't corrupt?

Edit: Went through River Belle Path and saved afterwards no problem.
(08-19-2016, 08:25 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Dolphin is still translated using Transifex. I'm currently the one who handles most join requests, and unfortunately, I haven't been keeping myself up to date with join requests recently. There's a bit of a special case for languages like German, though. It already has 100% translation coverage and many translators, so I'm not sure if more are needed. Additionally, there is an active coordinator of German, degasus. (Well, at least he's active in other places when it comes to Dolphin... I'm not sure how much he's on Transifex.) When possible, I prefer to let coordinators decide who should join, since they know more than me about how much the language needs new translators and possibly how good the new translators are at translating to the language.

I've heard about the FF:CC issue before from other users, but I don't have any answers to it.

The German translation is not 100 % done, there are a few texts missing here and there. Furthermore,
some of the translations have minor errors which I'd like to correct. What do I have to do now?

(08-19-2016, 08:33 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]A few people have mentioned similar issues in the Crystal Chronicles thread. I've almost beaten the game quite recently and I personally haven't encountered any of those issues.
I'll try again tomorrow on a clean memory card to see if I can reproduce this.

Since you didn't mention: have you verified that your ISO isn't corrupt?

Edit: Went through River Belle Path and saved afterwards no problem.

I don't know if this helps but I computed the MD5 checksum of the iso: 018b43a323a75bb73d124498327810cd
Like I said, it doesn't necessarily happen after the first dungeon. Sometimes it happened after the second, third or fourth
dungeon.
(08-20-2016, 07:35 AM)Korados Wrote: [ -> ]The German translation is not 100 % done, there are a few texts missing here and there. Furthermore,
some of the translations have minor errors which I'd like to correct. What do I have to do now?

The German translation is listed as 100% done on Transifex, so if something is missing, that's because it hasn't been synced to Transifex yet. The existing German translators are usually pretty quick at translating newly added strings, so any untranslated strings will probably get translated not too long after they get synced.

If you want to join the German translation for correcting errors or just for translating new strings as they come, I suggest you PM degasus here on the forums and ask him. (That only applies to German, not other languages.) I don't know how much he keeps track of Transifex, so if it turns out that he doesn't know anything about this or can't do anything about this, post in this topic again and I'll see what I can do.
(08-20-2016, 07:35 AM)Korados Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this helps but I computed the MD5 checksum of the iso: 018b43a323a75bb73d124498327810cd
Like I said, it doesn't necessarily happen after the first dungeon. Sometimes it happened after the second, third or fourth
dungeon.
That's the correct checksum according to GameTdb&Redump, and yeah, I saw that.
Would be nice to know if there's a sure-fire way to get this to happen.

What build are you using and does this happen on every build you've tested?
I've accepted your join request now. degasus told me he isn't handling things on Transifex.