Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3 questions (enable cpu clock override, processor, ultra settings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zakusa

hi im new to this website i have questions too

1. if i use enable cpu clock override can it damage my cpu ( i dont have a overclocking motherboard so if it does overclock then my motherboard is fried )

2. i may upgrade from i3 4130 to i5 4590 do you know how much fps gain i may get

3. i have i3 4130, gtx 960 2gb vram, 8gb ram, dolphin 5.0 so i tried games in 8x native and anti alasing at 8x ssaa and i got like 1-3 fps could this be because of 2gb vram or i3 4130 or gtx 960
(08-18-2016, 11:14 AM)Zakusa Wrote: [ -> ]1. if i use enable cpu clock override can it damage my cpu ( i dont have a overclocking motherboard so if it does overclock then my motherboard is fried )

It doesn't overclock your CPU, it "overclocks" the emulated CPU (it doesn't even overclock anyway, it just makes it do more things at once).

Zakusa

thank you for posting fast
Don't set your internal resolution so high. If you have a 1080p screen, set it to 3x.

If you want to downsample it to make it pretty, use SSAA, and don't set it to 8x. 2x is honestly the best you'll get for the performance hit, 4x is nice but you really get diminishing returns after 2x SSAA.