Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Reinstallation issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After getting frustrated with Dolphin, I put everything in the trash can and emptied it, then went to reinstall it. However, once it finished, I was no longer able to find the Dolphin Emulator folder where it normally is, or anywhere else. Does anyone know how to find/replace it?
So you're looking for the Dolphin Emulator folder that normally is in Documents? Have you started Dolphin at least once since reinstalling it?
Yes I have, and that doesn't seem to create it. I've also tried running a game, but it keeps crashing instantly, so I don't know if that will do it.
Just to clarify my situation, I was running a Wii emulation of Super Paper Mario, and suddenly it stopped working, giving me the error message "Failed to write bt.dinf to sysconf". I decided to put all Dolphin-related items and folders and Super Paper Mario in the trash bin and empty it, then re-downloaded Dolphin 5.0 for Windows x64, as well as the same emulation of Super Paper Mario. However, there was no folder in the Documents section labeled Dolphin Emulation, like there had been in the original download, and Super Paper Mario still doesn't work. I tried opening the emulation directly without using Dolphin, and I got a notification that this file was corrupted. I haven't used any other games on Dolphin.
Make sure you have read and write permission for the My Documents folder.
I don't think that's the problem. On top of the fact that I can't find any folder named My Documents, the folder I'm looking for showed up in the regular Documents folder, and no permissions have been changed since.
EDIT: Also, I just checked my properties, and I do have both read and write permissions.