Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Desmume into Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Sorry if it's stupid.But can i connect desmume (A nds emulator) on Dolphin.
No, it's not possible.
Neither emulator has the necessary functionality for this.
AFAIK, all yoi can do in real wii is demos and those cane be extracted.
Pokemon Battle Revolution lets you transfer your party from the DS to the Wii, and while this is 'yet another gimmick', it's still a little more desirable for a user than just running some demos.
If I remember correctly, Animal Crossing also have a NDS connection feature.
There's a list of games that use it here -> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419304

Quote:-Pokémon Battle Revolution for Wii features the ability to transfer your Diamond or Pearl info to the game. You can also optionally use the DS as a controller in multiplayer.

-The WiiWare game My Pokémon Ranch lets you transfer and store Pokémon from the DS games.

-You can unlock your Animal Crossing: Wild World catalog in City Folk.

-The DS and Wii versions of FFCC: Echoes of Time have compatible multiplayer modes.

-The DS and Wii versions of Geometry Wars can link to unlock another galaxy.

-The DS and Wii versions of Batman: The Brave and the Bold link to let you control the Bat-Mite. (Thanks to McNum for pointing this one out!)

-The latest Guitar and Band Hero games have exclusive modes that use the DS connection. (Thanks to donny2112 and fernoca; I didn't have any idea about that one or what was involved.)

-WarioWare D.I.Y. and Jam with the Band had special Wii channels.

-Personal Trainer: Walking lets you transfer your Mii from the Wii into the DS game. This feature could probably be used for other games, if developers chose to implement it.

-You can download DS game demos from the Wii’s Nintendo Channel. You can also fill out a recommendation for any game cartridge currently in the DS system.

Which is kind of a shame. This feature is even more neglected than the GBA<->GCN connection, and with an NDS<->Wii, you don't even need extra cables. I only used it to download a demo of Knights in the Nightmare (which made by buy it, like the next day), but FFCC seems to use it the most.

Anyway, there's not enough documentation on either side for the DS or Wii, if I understand things correctly. No DS emulator can even correctly and reliably emulate DS-DS local multiplayer, so I'd imagine connecting to the Wii would at least be as difficult, especially when we're talking about getting two very different emulators playing nice with each other.
Hmmm.Thanks for answering.I needed the ds connection to play pokemon battle revolution.I guess i can't connect Desmume then.