Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't find the "User" file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So in the name of fun, I decided to try a texture edit of Super Paper Mario. I followed tutorials on how to use custom textures, but was stumped at one point. I was instructed to locate the "User" file in the Dolphin folder, right along with the Sys and Language files. I looked, and the entire User file seems to be missing. I haven't found a tutorial that's been of much help, and haven't seen any other people talking about this problem. So what do I need to do to make the User file appear?
Dolphin saves your data to the Global directory, with is located in My Documents inside the Dolphin Emulator folder.
This was changed a while before the release of Dolphin 4.0. Dolphin now uses Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ instead, like KHg8m3r says.
Okay, thank you very much. This had me very worried. Just to check, with 4.0 I should put my custom textures in the Dolphin Emulator > Load > Textures file?
Yes, if you're using 4.0 or newer, that's where you should put the textures that you want Dolphin to load.
(08-15-2016, 10:36 PM)footbol-helmoot Wrote: [ -> ]I should put my custom textures in the Dolphin Emulator > Load > Textures file?
Folder, but yes, it sould be right, assuming you mean Dolphin Emulator -> Load -> Textures -> <GameID>. Why you don't just test it? It won't destroy your computer.
(Sidenote: AFAIK you can just use the first 3 letters of the GameID for the folder name)
(08-15-2016, 10:42 PM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ](Sidenote: AFAIK you can just use the first 3 letters of the GameID for the folder name)

That works in 5.0, but not 4.0.
Well, now a new problem has arisen. I can't launch any Wii games, it just says "Failed to write bt.dinf to sysconf". Other people with this problem said that deleting the Dolphin.ini file fixes this, but it didn't do anything when I tried. I ended up deleting all my dolphin related files and reinstalling dolphin, but not the Documents > Dolphin folder is gone. Any way I can get it back?