Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: For anyone having problems using Gecko codes or anything game config related
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thesneakysnake

I tried everything to get it to work, every time I saved the gecko codes in the game config it would revert to a blank .ini file. I even tried adding the gecko code on the desktop and locking the ini file so dolphin couldn't modify it and to no avail that still didn't work. Finally after digging through every forum post I could get my hands on I realized my silly blunder!

When I clean installed dolphin 5.0 I guess cheats are disabled by default now, (I was used to them always being on so I never had problems modifying the game configs) and now that Config>General>Enable Cheats it works like a charm! So if you are trying to enter gecko codes or anything for that matter in the game config and it erases immediately, this is most likely the remedy! Sometimes the answers to our problems are right under our nose!