Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Li nux] Dolphin ignores screen preferences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've set the "Fullscreen resolution" to my main monitor on the highest resolution (I have 3 monitors connected). Whatever I change though, the game is launched on my most left screen instead. Maybe it has something to do with that screen being the only one connected via HDMI? The others are connected via Displayport. If I want to play on my main monitor, I have to launch the game in windowed mode and move it to the main screen myself, because it again launches on the most left screen.

Is there anyway to fix this, or is this a bug?
Could you test 5.0-206 and see if the issue happens there?
Always great that it doesn't offer a pre-compiled version for Linux...

Anyways the problem doesn't appear there, it launches on the correct monitor.
Okay, so the regression is probably caused by the wxWidgets update. Could you also test PR 4013 and see if that fixes the issue?

In your cloned Dolphin repo:

git fetch origin pull/4013/head:pr4013-wxfix
git checkout pr4013-wxfix

then build Dolphin as usual.

If you plan to often rebuild Dolphin (or build it more than once or twice), I suggest installing ccache to significantly reduce the build times.

PS: It's complicated to provide pre-built versions of Dolphin that would run on more than one distribution. It's possible (and it used to offer a package, but only for one version of one specific distribution), but not as easy as with Windows.
OK, so not sure what happened yesterday, but I figured out it just switched to launching on my main monitor all the time, again no matter what I set it too. I guess this happened yesterday as well, but because it switched from the 3rd monitor to my main, I thought the problem didn't occur. Both with the latest commit, and the PR you requested me to build, it just keeps launching on my main monitor. Again, no matter what I set it too.