Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: back in school
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cagethelonewolf

last year in school i got dolphin dont rember how i just did but now its a new year things are fixed and blocked and im wanting to get the dolphin emulator another shot it was a bit lagie but playable so im wording if i can get a ziped file of dolphin so i can unzip it and have it on my school pc to play games during what we call power hour we get a hour to do whatever
Download a development version of Dolphin. It will come in a .7z file.
And create a file with the name "Portable.txt" inside this folder. So all savegames will be stored there.
(08-10-2016, 09:31 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]And create a file with the name "Portable.txt" inside this folder. So all savegames will be stored there.

It's "portable.txt" with a small P. I guess it might not matter on Windows since filenames aren't case sensitive, but it's better to get the name right so there won't be any unexpected failures.

cagethelonewolf

i download 2 of the most recent develmint vers and when i unziped them they both had nothing in them so what do i do now

cagethelonewolf

lol never mind my administrators are so smart 5.0 and all others are blocked but 4.0.2 happens to not be blocked dont know why but thanks for trying to help
Download 5.0 at home and use a flash drive. Also 4.0 isn't a dev build. Also the computers at my school probably couldn't extract the dev builds.

cagethelonewolf

well new problem 4.0.2 is refusing to open any thing it gose to black screen as if its starting then it just stop responding theres aways more than one wall when something goes sooooooo right
These computers have like i5 CPU but Intel HD 3000s. Try changing backed to d3d11.
They may also be running the basic Windows GPU driver or not have an updated version o DirectX installed.