Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this build work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I'm kinda new to Dolphin. I would like to know for reference how well my PC will be able to run either Dolphin 4.0 or 5.0. I want to be able to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl netplay. Here are the specs for my laptop:

Model: Compaq
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Celeron B800 @ 1.50GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel® HD Graphics Family
Memory/RAM: Hewlett-Packard 3.00GB

I will do my best to give you any info you need, but I am not a coding or hardcore PC wizard. I appreciate any help or insight.

-AGentleStar
I don't think 5.0 will even run and 4.0 will be extremely slow (especially with netplay)
Do you have an idea of how to fast it would run hypothetically? And do you know why it wouldn't run on 5.0? I am planning on getting a new computer, but I need to know what to gauge this on so I don't break the bank.
You will need a gaming PC to run most Wii/GC games at full speed
Your Laptop is very weak . I have a faster tablet(Ivy Bridge Celeron N2807 @ 1.5 -> 2.1GHz) but it's too slow to run anything .
The cheapest gaming laptop that could run everything at full speed is the Dell 7559 ($800-$900)
You could build a desktop for like $400-$500 (Latest Intel Core i3 6100 @ 3.7GHz , H110 mobo , GTX 750ti ....) , that should be enough for most games