Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot start Dolphin, help me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys, it's my first here. I've used different emulators for Nintendo 64, Gameboy, NES. So I'm not a noob in these things, haha.

Anyways, back to the point. I used to play a lot Sims 2 for XBOX, but my console broke. Rest in peace XBOX Console 2001 - 2015.  Angel  Angel  Angel So I tried to get a good emulator for XBOX, no luck.. So I tried Gamecube and PS2 emulatos, but I get the same the exact same error message when I try to start the program in both of them, like this: "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". So then I went to look for that same exact DLL File for download, so I did, and pasted it in the Dolphin emulator and to the other PS2 Emulator, both of them then give me a different error message. So I ran out of ideas. The only possible problem I thought was either my computer was into some weird shit virus I don't know OR there's a problem with my Microsoft Visual C++ thing I don't know. Please help to fix it! I really miss the Sims 2 Sad
Don't do that. There are a lot of sites that ship viruses with those DLLs or are just broken.

If you installed 5.0 stable, the runtimes will be installed, if you're using a development release, there is a link on the top of the development releases that gives you the runtime installer.
(08-09-2016, 08:51 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Don't do that. There are a lot of sites that ship viruses with those DLLs or are just broken.

If you installed 5.0 stable, the runtimes will be installed, if you're using a development release, there is a link on the top of the development releases that gives you the runtime installer.

I dont understand, I only downloaed 5.0 and installed it. Everything perfect. You still haven't got me a solution Sad
(08-09-2016, 09:52 AM)IOwnALego111 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont understand, I only downloaed 5.0 and installed it. Everything perfect. You still haven't got me a solution Sad

The only thing is that I can't open it. Does it have to do with the Visual C++?
Is your computer up-to-date?
(08-09-2016, 10:22 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is your computer up-to-date?

What you mean by that?
Have you installed all windows updates?
(08-09-2016, 11:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you installed all windows updates?

Now that you ask, I just chekcked, and I have all of them except Visual C++ 2015 x86, and I tried to install but I get a error, it doesn't let me install it, and I found this microsoft forum and it was exactly my same problem, checkit out. http://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windo...ae3?auth=1

I'm 99% sure the problem is the Visual C++ thing. If you know something to help me with that problem, please let me know, I really want fix this problem, I miss my Sims 2 Sad
(08-10-2016, 03:08 PM)IOwnALego111 Wrote: [ -> ]Now that you ask, I just chekcked, and I have all of them except Visual C++ 2015 x86, and I tried to install but I get a error, it doesn't let me install it, and I found this microsoft forum and it was exactly my same problem, checkit out. http://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windo...ae3?auth=1

I'm 99% sure the problem is the Visual C++ thing. If you know something to help me with that problem, please let me know, I really want fix this problem, I miss my Sims 2 Sad

The forum is in spanish though, but it's the exact problem haha.

devin7711

ok so i just downloaded dolphin 5.0 for mac osx on my mac and when i try to open the flie it keeps opening with disk image mounter and says "the following disk images couldn't be opened" instead of actually opening. I have no idea what to do im confused and theres no other application that opens it
Pages: 1 2