Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin (dev ver) crashes when I hover the mouse over the window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

monita_land

Hello. I've been struggling with this issue for a while now and tried a few potential solutions to no avail.

First and foremost, I'm on Windows 7 x64. This issue also affects other emulators, but I wasn't able to get any help whatsoever in other, more general emulator forums, so I hope it's not poor form asking here.

My issue is that, whenever I try to run Dolphin and I hover the mouse over the program window, it immediatelly crashes. Without doing so, it'll run fine. I tested various versions (5.0-381, and a few random older ones such as 4.0-8688 and 4.0-8176) and it always presents the same behavior.

The above doesn't seem to apply on the stable 5.0 version however. I assume it's related to it being delivered through an installer as opposed to a compressed binary.

Last time I had the chance to actually test Dolphin was on 4.0-8078. I still have it set up, and it presents no issues. Interestingly enough, when I downloaded a "fresh" 8078 from the website and tried it out, the same issue with the mouse occurs.

Here are some of the potential solutions I tried: repairing the Visual C++ redistributable 2015 (both x86 and x64), disabling the AV's real time protection, checking for malware, doing a clean boot, and running Dolphin as an admin. Only the last one seemingly "fixed" the issue, though I don't remember any emulator ever requiring admin rights in order to run correctly (unless they were set up in a Program Files folder, which isn't the case here), therefore I'm still looking for a more definitive fix.

I think that's all I got. I'd really appreciate some help with this.
Well if running in Admin mode fixes the issue, it sounds like you may not have full read/write permission to the My Documents folder or the Dolphin Emulator folder inside of that folder.

Or you may have a bad file somewhere in Windows. Try running command prompt as a admin and type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.