Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin, Netplay, and melee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zeragen

Today i tried to play Melee on Netplay (Dolphin 5.0-321) and normally there are no issues running the game at 60 fps (Solo), but when i connect to someone's room the game framerate drops to 20-30 FPS. The ping ranges from 40-80 and the pad buffer is 10-20. What is causing this problem, and how can i fix it?
(08-08-2016, 10:42 AM)Zeragen Wrote: [ -> ]Today i tried to play Melee on Netplay (Dolphin 5.0-321) and normally there are no issues running the game at 60 fps (Solo), but when i connect to someone's room the game framerate drops to 20-30 FPS. The ping ranges from 40-80 and the pad buffer is 10-20. What is causing this problem, and how can i fix it?
Hey Zeragen! I'm having what sounds like the same exact issue. I'm dropping something here in hopes that someone wiser than us can help us. If I may ask one question, I'd like to know your internet speeds (down/up) so I can confirm or deny a theory of mine. Thanks!

Zeragen

(08-11-2016, 12:14 PM)zayrin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Zeragen! I'm having what sounds like the same exact issue. I'm dropping something here in hopes that someone wiser than us can help us. If I may ask one question, I'd like to know your internet speeds (down/up) so I can confirm or deny a theory of mine. Thanks!

150down/ 6up
Same problem, I think a lot of people may have this issue...
Increase the pad buffer
(08-13-2016, 03:17 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Increase the pad buffer

Yeah try increasing the pad buffer, but if you have the same problem I do, increasing the pad buffer won't do anything. It'll still stutter every 3 seconds (Online only).

Zeragen

(08-13-2016, 03:17 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Increase the pad buffer

Tried that. Didn't work at all
I'm thinking that your internet is actually too slow for whatever buffer change was made after the 5.0 release.