Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random c-stick and joystick inputs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

daffid

Using the official gamecube adapter, Dolphin version 5.0

When I play melee, at certain times the c-stick will automatically move to the down-left corner and the control stick will be input as up-right despite my controller being completely still

It's never done this until recently, I haven't updated or changed anything.  Tried unplugging everything, restarting dolphin, but whenever I select my controller as 'Gamecube adapter for Wii U' it will register these random stick inputs in intervals of 20 secs-minute or so
That means something else is interfering with Dolphin, stealing the adapter, which makes Dolphin temporarily unable to read inputs. Something is broken on your system.

This doesn't seem to happen for everyone, but you are not the first one to report this issue.

Some people may suggest using previous builds. But with those builds, the problem is only masked, and is still there, resulting in dropped inputs instead.
Make sure you have all the latest windows updates installed. Then run an elevated command prompt and do run "sfc /scannow" to determine if there's anything wrong with your system.