Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SoSaBaby

I'm getting super low frames in most parts of the game. (15-20ish). I can run others games (ssb, windwaker, re4) at amost perfect 30fps all the time. I don't know what the issue could be. :/ If anyone has any tweaks/fixes that would be greatly appreciated as this is my favorite GC game and it's killing me not to play. Sad

Cpu : Amd Phenom x4 9750
RAM: 4gb DDR2
GPU: HD7850 core edition
SSD: ASUS ROG RAIDR Pci-e
(08-07-2016, 09:30 AM)SoSaBaby Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting super low frames in most parts of the game. (15-20ish). I can run others games (ssb, windwaker, re4) at amost perfect 30fps all the time. I don't know what the issue could be. :/ If anyone has any tweaks/fixes that would be greatly appreciated as this is my favorite GC game and it's killing me not to play. Sad

Cpu : Amd Phenom x4 9750
RAM: 4gb DDR2
GPU: HD7850 core edition
SSD: ASUS ROG RAIDR Pci-e

The issue is with your CPU, take a look at this so you can see where your CPU currently stands compared to other's CPU's: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=...+Quad-Core

As you can see, your CPU is on the low side, an equivalent Intel CPU would be faster because they have higher IPC (instruction per clock), Dolphin also runs faster with Intel CPU's. Also make sure you have the speed hack enabled in the game, right-click on the game and go to: Properties > Patches and enable "Hyrule Field Speed Hack".

Last but not least, go to Graphic > Emhancement and disable Anti-Aliasing, remember to set the Internal Resolution to the lowest setting as well. If you still have slowdowns after all that then it is definitely your CPU. Time to upgrade mate.
Before you ask, no, this will not work better (or only barely) with a FX-6300, or any AMD CPU, really (the chart doesn't show single-thread perf, but multi-threaded performance). What you need for an enjoyable experience is a CPU with good single-thread performance, which excludes 99.9% of AMD CPUs and leaves only recent Intel CPUs as an option.
If it was a Phenom II @ 3.4GHz (45nm), perhaps it could be able to play some games at full speed
Too bad your "Phenom I" (65nm) is even older than that and almost a decade already . You will need to upgrade , Core i3 6100 @ 3.7GHz + H110 mobo will run 99% games full speed