Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Poor FPS while emulating Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm really new here. Has anyone else had the problem with emulating Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn? I only get at most 40 Fps. While playing I get about 20 Fps to 30 Fps. Im playing on default settings. It's pretty much unplayable. The audio is all distorted and the cutscenes take forever. I'm running on Windows 10 x64. My computer has a Intel I5 6600k, Nvidia GTX 760, 16 GB's of RAM
Your PC should run it with no problems. What Dolphin build are you using?
I'm using Dolphin 5.0
Do you have a high performance profile for Dolphin in the Nvidia Control Panel? This will make sure that your GPU is correctly using the power needed for Dolphin.
Yeah I made one for it and it didn't change anything. I've even used the integrated graphics on the Intel I5 6600 and no difference.
I don't have any problem with my i5-6600 and GTX 760. Can you post your settings?
Same here.  Game plays perfectly fine for me.  Using 3X IR.  My rig is probably less powerful than yours, so there has to be a setting somewhere that is slowing things down for you.  Or some other processes running in the background that's taking up all the system resources (which I doubt)
i'm using default settings. I didn't change anything. It's really weird
Try clearing the Dolphin cache?
Make sure nothing is hogging the disk in the background (system scan/windwos update/etc)
For whatever reason it works fine now. I hadn't played on dolphin since I upgraded to windows 10 anniversary update. It works completely fine now. It must have been windows i guess.