Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yet another Wiimote DolphinBar connectivity post (sorry)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DarkxGladiator

Hi, I've been looking around forums and the internet as a whole, and I'm not sure if anyone is having the same issue I'm having with connecting Wiimotes to my Dolphinbar. So, the bar turns on with the sync and mode lights functioning, the wiimote in question (a third party device that was linked by the dolphin accessories page that suspiciously now is not: https://goo.gl/DMQ802) is appearing to sync with the player 1 light on, but the side led's on the sensor aren't turning on at all, and while the bar is synced to the remotes, hitting refresh in the controllers section of Dolphin does not make the remote vibrate. Yes, I've disabled the speaker option and continuous scanning is on. I updated the firmware and got the "most recent update is already installed" message. The batteries are fine, I'm standing four feet away from the sensor, and not a single game I've tried is recognizing the wiimotes, I just get the "connection interrupted" notice on every game. I'll take this post down if someone else on the forum had the same problem I do, but as far as I've found, this problem is unique to me. Thanks.
If there were any third party wiimotes linked by Dolphin's accessory page, it was in error. It is very well known that Dolphin either has trouble or cannot connect to most third party wiimotes.

DarkxGladiator

(08-05-2016, 06:36 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If there were any third party wiimotes linked by Dolphin's accessory page, it was in error.  It is very well known that Dolphin either has trouble or cannot connect to most third party wiimotes.
Okay. I'll try and get a Nintendo Wiimote and see if that functions correctly. Thank you.
Yeah, Nintendo Wiimotes tend to be the only ones that are guaranteed to work. I don't actually know why; someone could probably reverse engineer it...
If you want, you can try using Dolphin on Linux and see if the issue is still there. It should work better with third-party Wiimotes, though if you're using Windows, this can be a bit complicated to set up.