Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transfer GC saves from memory card to Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

meluvcheese22

How can I transfer my saves from my GameCube memory card to the Dolphin Emulator? All I have is the memory card; I don't own a Wii/GameCube. Would I have to purchase some sort or download some kind of software? What are my options?
Get yourself a cheap Wii off of eBay or the like, install homebrew, and use a memory card manager program. This way you can also rip all your games you have laying around to use your saves with.

meluvcheese22

(08-04-2016, 04:22 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Get yourself a cheap Wii off of eBay or the like, install homebrew, and use a memory card manager program. This way you can also rip all your games you have laying around to use your saves with.

Is what you suggested totally safe for both the Wii and memory card? Will the original data remain in tact indefinitely? I ask this because I could borrow a wii from a friend. Would I have to "jailbreak" it? Is there any risk involved whatsoever?

Thanks for your response.
I use GCMM to transfer saves between Dolphin and my memory cards all the time, no issue.
You should get permission from your friend to install homebrew on his Wii. If done properly it won't break anything and will even give him some extra functionality. You should read up on homebrew first though so you know what you're doing and can explain to him what is going on.

If he doesn't want that, get your own. They're pretty cheap on eBay.