Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Settings change when I lauch a game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

seemann

Hello,

I would like to share a problem I have with dolphin.

In my dolphin settings my graphic card is selected.

When I launch a game (tested with Zelda Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, tales of Symphonia), there are lags. So I stop emulation, and when I check graphic setting i can see that this is my standart VGA graphic adapter which is selected.

I have the same problem when I want to display BIOS, setting change automaticly when I lauch a game.

Do you have any idea on it ?

Thank you in advance.

Config :
W7
intel i7vpro
nvidia quadro k1100m
16go ram
Dolphin does automatically change settings that are required to make games work properly. Properly, as in, not broken, most likely slower. On Wind Waker it does disable efb to texture only, because that is required for the pictobox sidequest. If you don't want to do anything about that, you can either edit the ini file, or make a hotkey for switching between efb2tex and efb2ram, and switch it after starting the game. Switching back before taking a photo would also allow to do everything pictobox related.
I think he's saying its changing the adapter in the general tab.
Right-click on Dolphin.exe, and if you see an option that says Choose run with Graphics adapter, set it to use High performance Nvidia.

seemann

Hello,

Thank you for the replies.

@mimimi: So if dolphin changes my graphic adapter it's because my graphic card is not compatible with the games I want to launch? If it is the case do you know a game which is more "tolerant" ? So I can test.

@KHg8m3r: I do launch dolphin with high performance Nvidia. My graphic card is selected by default. But if I launch a game, it changes my graphic adapter to my internal graphic chipset., And I can'tchange it back to my graphic card because I can't see it anymore in the list. I have to close and launch dolphin to see it again.

Have a good day Smile
Dolphin doesn't change the graphics adapter. It will change other settings, like EFB2RAM or enable/disable fog, but not the graphics adapter.

The drop-down box in Dolphin is not an accurate way to determine what graphics adapter is being used. If you told Dolphin to start with the high performance Nvidia, then it's using Nvidia. Don't touch the drop-down for the adapter.
When you start a game, look at the yellow text in the top right corner. It will say what graphics adapter and driver number are being used.

What is the CPU model number of the i7 that you have in the computer? Just saying i7vpro could mean a bunch of chips.