Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Settings for TimeSplitters FP Netplay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Midnightspro

Has anyone figured out the best settings for TimeSplitters FP for Netplay, can't seem to get it right me and my friends really want to play it but it lags so hard

Buffer is at 9 for us and that seems fine
All of our computers are pretty good.

R9390 and I7 4790K for me and I'm hosting
R9 380 and AMD 6350 for both of my friends.
Quote:All of our computers are pretty good.
Your i7 is good but FX 6350 is not . FX 8350 @ 5.0GHz lag behind Core i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz in Dolphin Benchmark
FX 6350 has 6 cores and FX 8350 has 8 cores but performance per core (or single thread performance) is terrible . Hence why , it's much cheaper than Core i5 /i7
Afaik , You will have to disable dual core option and force Dolphin to run in singlecore mode if you want to use NetPlay feature .... Just think how fast is that FX 6350 when you force it in single core mode ...
i5-3570K + i5-4670K on Netplay with my cousin and me playing Time Splitters Future Perfect barely is able to get full speed (though I always have it set to single core.)

It's a fairly demanding game; I don't think that mediocre AMD.

Note: Dolphin does have a dual-core netplay functionality with fake-completion, but it is not supported in all games. I didn't test it in timesplitters.