Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin reacts poorly to being in the background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sponge

New to the forums, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

I have been a longtime user of Dolphin and I've had this problem since Wii U adapter support was released.

Under normal circumstances, Dolphin works perfectly. I get perfect framerates with absolutely no FPS drops, no input lag, and can run every single game I wanted to play at over 2.5x native resolutions. However, when Dolphin is put in the background and other computer programs are being run (namely, Firefox), all four controllers plugged in have their analog stick inputs seemingly randomly move to the bottom leftmost position, and it recovers in about half a second. The controller problem is identical to ths user's problem found on Reddit. This user found no luck.

If I decide to keep playing anyway then the framerate drops significantly, but the game itself does not slow down. When on Netplay, instead the ping increases to about +30.

I am running Windows 7, with an overclocked Intel Pentium G3258 and an overclocked AMD R9 270x with 8GB of ram. This computer (when Dolphin is running in the foreground all the time) can run Dolphin at 3x resolution and still run gamecube games at over 120 FPS.

This problem is a difficult one to ignore, especially when running a chat client in Firefox with the person I'm playing Netplay with. This problem only goes away when Dolphin is restarted.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!