Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Issues in Mario Party 6 and 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LHB

Hey all. Me and my friends have been playing Mario Party 6 and 7 through the traversal servers recently. We are all using the same copy of the game and save file, and are able to run it at 60 FPS for the most part with some occasional stuttering. We managed to get all the way through our games at first, but recently we've been crashing pretty consistently during our games at around 10-20 minutes in. Our connections are good and are pings are fairly stable at around around 50, 70, and 120ms, so I doubt it would have to do with our connections. Does anyone know what the possible problem might be here, or do crashes like this happen fairly often?
Can you give any other details about the crash? Is there any odd behavior? I've been playing a ton (2 - 4 hour sessions on netplay) with various games without having issues.

Now, there was a bug in Dolphin from a JIT change that just got reverted, so if you were using builds before 5.0-310, then it's possible you were just hitting that crash, which happened inside and out of netplay.

LHB

Whenever it crashes for us, the one whose hosting's screen freezes and the ones who disconnect from the room's games run like normal. I don't notice anything that happens that indicates it's about crash. We are all using the latest stable version on the website, which is earlier than 310, but the emulator hasn't crashed for me outside of netplay yet. I'm also using the CPU clock override to make it run faster, but I don't think it causes crashes, and again it hasn't crashed for me outside of netplay.