Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Since I can't find the answer I thought I ask. Question on conversion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried looking around for the answer but couldn't find it so I thought I ask here. (Although if it is somewhere here, I would appreciate a link)

I was wondering on suggestions on how do I covert my physical copy of Gamecube games to be used on Dolphin. Wii I can do just fine but my computer won't read the Gamecube disk, wondering how I should go about this?

Also would I be able to convert my Virtual Console library from my Wii U (in Wii mode since they were transferred from Wii originally) in Dolphin
As far as getting GC ISOs, connect an external USB drive to the Wii and dump to that OR dump to an SD card and then transfer to PC. Do note you Wii needs to be homebrewed (IIRC) and not everything supports USB drives last I checked (personally I use WiiFlow and it works fine), don't know what tools exist for WiiU but I'm sure the process is similar.
(08-03-2016, 10:03 AM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]As far as getting GC ISOs, connect an external USB drive to the Wii and dump to that OR dump to an SD card and then transfer to PC. Do note you Wii needs to be homebrewed (IIRC) and not everything supports USB drives last I checked (personally I use WiiFlow and it works fine), don't know what tools exist for WiiU but I'm sure the process is similar.

Which program do you use for to dump to the SD Card/USB Stick? Or is Wiiflow the program?
Would it also work on Virtual Console games?
Okay! After searching a bit, I realized I can rip with the CleanRip program with homebrew.
But it looks like I can't do virtual console games.
Virtual Console games can be dumped in a variety of ways. I haven't done it in years, but I'm sure googling around on how to dump installed Virtual Console games to SD card shows a lot of promise that it's easier now than before.