Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Has anyone been playing with a Rx 480
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, i'd like to know if some of you guys have been playing dolphin with this card, because i've had a lot of crashes with it Sad.
Recently i've been playing Mario Sunshine, it was fine at first, but then the emulator started to crash on some specific areas, like the sand bird at first, and then it was the Pinna Park, and i don't think that the problem comes from my iso, because i'm able to 
do them with the microsoft renderer(at a really bad framerate) and on my friend pc, and i've tried to play Starfox Adventure and this game just crashes on launch.
When it crashes i have an error message about d3d9 crashing, and then my radeon drivers crashed as well, and sometime i even get a blue screen. I've tried to use dx11/opengl/dx12 and several other option but it hasn't been helping, i've also download vs2015 but it still crashes.

I think that the problem comes from the driver and dolpin being conflicted, because other games like Dark Souls2, or MGS5 or Dota are working fine, so i'd like to know if other people with this card are having problem with dolphin, i've tried to google it and so far it seems that a few people are having the same issues but nobody could help them ( https://community.amd.com/thread/202563http://reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qmwfv/...emulation/

So it might be an issue that can be worked on hopefully 
Here are my specs just in case it might help:

I5 3570k @4.0
Sapphire Rx 480 8go
HyperX fury 8go Ram  
Samsung evo 820 120go

Ty for your time.

Edit: oh and i'd also like to note that i've tried different version of dolphin, and it still crashes whether i use some 4.0 versions or 5.0

Edit2: alright it seems that using Ishiiruka solves the problem.
Are you using the latest driver version? Have you tried running the DirectX web updater to see if you're missing something? Does this happen on OpenGL?