Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speaker produces static on my real wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a real wiimote connected via bluetooth, and I was playing No More Heroes, when there's a phone call (which plays through your remote) and all that came out was a gurgling crackle that sounded almost vaguely like speech.

I can't really test the audio any other way because I can't figure out how to get the Hybrid Wiimote control scheme to work. But my volume on the wiimote is definitely higher than 0.

I am using dolphin 5.0
I think the speaker only works properly on windows 8+ (and linux?) with a -TR wiimote.
I am on windows 10. And I don't know what a "-TR" wiimote is.
Well, you have chopping sound coming from your Wiimote, it's very likely you got a non-TR one...
Ok from what I can gather a "TR" is a wiimote plus. Mine ends in CNT. I don't suppose adding on the wiimote plus block in the back would fix this?
(08-02-2016, 01:25 AM)SamJa Wrote: [ -> ]Ok from what I can gather a "TR" is a wiimote plus.

Many Wiimote Plus controllers are TR, but not all of them.

(08-02-2016, 01:25 AM)SamJa Wrote: [ -> ]I don't suppose adding on the wiimote plus block in the back would fix this?

No, it won't help with this.
Ok, how do I actually find these wiimotes that end in TR? I have a "Wii motion plus inside" wiimote and it is not the one I was looking for. What's so special about these "other" wiimotes and how do I tell them apart?
Most (if not all) Wiimotes sold nowadays are -TR ones (especially if they come in a Wii U themed box and has a sync button accessible without removing the battery cover)...