Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TAS Recording/Playback Doesn't Work. Results In White Screen+Buzz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aznguyphan

When I try to record a TAS movie and play it back, I get a white screen for graphics + buzz for audio.
I can play back dtm files made by other people.

Here is a link with example video of it happening (with my Dolphin settings after) and .dtm and .dtm.sav files:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...=drive_web
Right click melee, change deterministic dual core to auto.

aznguyphan

(08-01-2016, 01:03 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Right click melee, change deterministic dual core to auto.

After changing Deterministic Dual Core to Auto, I still got the same result. I uploaded the new attempt to the same link in the original post.
I actually tried recording and the same thing happened.

Tried Super Mario Sunshine: no issue
melee:
Tried single core and sync gpu: no difference
Setting deterministic dual core to fake completion (forced on): got rid of buzz, seemingly played input at 0 fps 44 vps
Highlighting game and recording from beginning: WORKED but playing this way doesn't see memory card. My rec desynced bc of this but inputs happened.

aznguyphan

(08-01-2016, 02:22 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I actually tried recording and the same thing happened.

Tried Super Mario Sunshine: no issue
melee:
Tried single core and sync gpu: no difference
Setting deterministic dual core to fake completion (forced on): got rid of buzz, seemingly played input at 0 fps 44 vps
Highlighting game and recording from beginning: WORKED but playing this way doesn't see memory card. My rec desynced bc of this but inputs happened.

Thanks. Not ideal, but I can work with this. You can't load save states made out side of Recording but you can still load save states made while Recording.