Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i run dolphin at 1440p?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im going to buy this computer on monday:
[img]i.imgur.com/TXyrT[/img]
And i was wondering if i could run games like super mario galaxy 2, new super mario bros, zelda twilight princess, wind waker... at 1440p or 1080p. Thanks for your help
If u cannot see the pic:
http://imgur.com/a/TXyrT
Should do great.
There will be nothing that machine can't play in Dolphin at full speed. (That doesn't have issues with Dolphin, that is. RIP silent hill)
I would suggest getting a Z170 motherboard instead, so that in the future if you want to add an overclocked CPU for extra power you can.
You also get more PCI lanes for stuff.
(07-30-2016, 04:09 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest getting a Z170 motherboard instead, so that in the future if you want to add an overclocked CPU for extra power you can.
You also get more PCI lanes for stuff.

I did add an z170 to the build. This was the wrong print
Oh good.
Also, if you can afford to, I would also recommend upgrading the i5-6400 to at least the i5-6500, as it will give you slightly better speeds.
(07-31-2016, 04:18 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Oh good.
Also, if you can afford to, I would also recommend upgrading the i5-6400 to at least the i5-6500, as it will give you slightly better speeds.

Cant afford that. In the future im going to sell the i5 6400 and buy an i7 6700k and watercooling

EDIT: the store that im going to buy the PC from, globaldata, will have summrr discounts starting on monday. I will see if i can catch better stuff for my PC and i will come here.
ignore the attempted budget inflation.

Overclocking gives a modest bump in performance and can only really save you maybe a generation in performance if you're lucky, ignoring heat and cooling considerations.

By the time Skylake becomes a bottleneck you'll be many generations behind anyways, just like how Sandybridge is just now showing it's age.
Pages: 1 2