Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario Unknown Pointer Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in shhwonk fortress right now and I am encountering an unknown pointer error right before the fight with the golden fuzzy and it keeps from being able to progress.

The error reads "Unknown Pointer 0x03384d40 PC ...". At the ellipses there are 2 different address that always change but the first address is constant. Two happen as I walk into the room and then they happen in quick succession as the fuzzy appears on screen and cannot be gotten rid of.

I have dual core, gpu sync, and EFB copies to texture turned off. I enabled bounding box emulation and have tried all three graphics back ends.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and do you know how to solve it?
Is your game dump a good one? Compute the MD5 (right click -> properties -> info) and then google it. I think you'll generally want gametdb and/or redump to show up a a result since that'll mean your dump is good and legit
(07-30-2016, 10:32 AM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Is your game dump a good one? Compute the MD5 (right click -> properties -> info) and then google it. I think you'll generally want gametdb and/or redump to show up a a result since that'll mean your dump is good and legit

The MD5 values match.
Are you using any kind of widescreen code or cheat?
(07-30-2016, 12:50 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using any kind of widescreen code or cheat?

No. I am not using any type of cheat. I am running it at its native resolution with cropping, dual core turned off and gpu sync turned off. I've tried it with those settings toggled in many ways.