Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Twilight princess issues -.-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Feinrel

Hello every1.
Well, to be honest with u all, im getting tire of dealing with this game.

I have done everything i read on forums, bloom hack, new releases of the emu, everything, and the game just dont want to speed in twilight or farom forest. Im afraid that if i cant reach more than 17fps in farom forest, how will it run in hyrule field, 1 fps?? meh,

My pc specs are:

AMD athlon x2 4800+ 2.5ghz
Ati radeon 4770 512mg ddr5
2gn ram ddr2 800mhz
Window 7 32 bits

im not sure if any other info bout the pc its really relevant, if it is, plz let me know.

So, some1, any1, pls help me, tell me what config should i use or what should i download, just tell me what should i do.

PD: same happens with zelda WW, just run full speed inside houses, outside, no more than 15fps -.-

Dugie

Use the Dx plugin if you'd like to avoid getting your throat slit.
Which revision are you using exactly?

Feinrel

the last one i used was 4388 unknowforce, and 4352 orleans. And, i am using dx plugin, with ogl its even worse T.T
(10-11-2009, 06:11 AM)Dugie Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Dx plugin if you'd like to avoid getting your throat slit.
Which revision are you using exactly?

"Avoid getting your throat slit"?

What is that supposed to mean, psycho?

Feinrel, post your Dolphin confgs and maybe we can see what the problem might be.
I get some slowdowns in the faron forest man like 20 fps, but in all dungeons and all areas its fullspeed, and in hyrule field it drops to 15 fps...
Im trying to get to lake hylia after goron mines and i have like 10 fps... This is madness!!
That map has many vertices, so its hard on the CPU. Either get a 10Ghz CPU or optimize the vertex loaders Tongue.
At least in lake hylia and in the zoras area the fps went up, but still madness in the accursed hyrule! =O
We probably need more heavy emulator optimization. You'll just have to wait for the people writing these things to figure out a way around it. I have similar issues as you, but I'm actually kind of ok with Hyrule field despite the low frame rate. It's slow, but not unplayable.
I am getting 20 fps in the most demanding area of the game-and that is huryle field after all areas have been cleared of darkness.
Feinrel and Runo,I am pretty sure your problem is your cpu.Its just too slow,and this emulator,and expecially zelda is very cpu dependant.Its means even if you buy new ati radeon 5870 card you still going to get 20 fps in forest and 15 fps in huryle field. What more do you expect ? I have core 2 duo at 3,5 ghz which is a lot faster then AMD athlon x2 4800+ 2.5ghz and I get 25-30 fps in woods and 20 fps in huryle field.Thats about 30-50 % faster then what you get. And my cpu is 100 % faster in most of pc games,so I dont know what do you guys expect ?
You cant expect same speed as people who have newer hardware. If you want more speed,upgrade your pc.
I mean even newer amd phenoms are slower then core 2 duo,and you dont even have that
As for you BerserkS,you need to post your pc spec,but if you also have AMD athlon x2 then you know your answer....
(10-11-2009, 05:56 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]That map has many vertices, so its hard on the CPU. Either get a 10Ghz CPU or optimize the vertex loaders Tongue.

That was true couple of months ago,and is still true for opengl. Now in direct3d it works fine even on 3Ghz c2d Smile
Pages: 1 2 3