Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Netplay (NHL Hitz 2002)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gatto

Hi all! First I want to say how amazing Dolphin is and how much I appreciate all the efforts being put into it!

I recently attempted to play netplay with a friend of mine through direct connection (as well as traversal) in NHL Hitz 2002. We had no issues connecting and were able to load up with the same save file. The game didn't appear to lag, but the problem was that the textures were popping both in the main menu and during actual gameplay. Most of the in-game HUD was missing and audio would occasionally pop as well.

We are both running the latest version of Dolphin(5.0), Windows 10 and sufficient hardware and network connection. We also are running the identical ISO. The game runs flawlessly on both of our machines offline and we both have a broadband connection with ping ranging between 15-30 in the netplay window.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I made sure both my friend and I have Dolphin set to identical settings, which include dual cores enabled and the same graphics settings. I also tried hosting the game with a buffer of 5 and then with 0.

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
(07-28-2016, 03:36 AM)Gatto Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all! First I want to say how amazing Dolphin is and how much I appreciate all the efforts being put into it!

I recently attempted to play netplay with a friend of mine through direct connection (as well as traversal) in NHL Hitz 2002. We had no issues connecting and were able to load up with the same save file. The game didn't appear to lag, but the problem was that the textures were popping both in the main menu and during actual gameplay. Most of the in-game HUD was missing and audio would occasionally pop as well.

We are both running the latest version of Dolphin(5.0), Windows 10 and sufficient hardware and network connection. We also are running the identical ISO. The game runs flawlessly on both of our machines offline and we both have a broadband connection with ping ranging between 15-30 in the netplay window.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I made sure both my friend and I have Dolphin set to identical settings, which include dual cores enabled and the same graphics settings. I also tried hosting the game with a buffer of 5 and then with 0.

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

what game are u playing cause if its a gamecube game how are u doing that cause theres hardly any gamecube games that have online gaming but when i play mario kart wii on my emulator with the wiimmfi it works perfectly fine.

also im not an expert on this type of thing

Gatto

(07-28-2016, 11:52 AM)billyhatcher643 Wrote: [ -> ]what game are u playing cause if its a gamecube game how are u doing that cause theres hardly any gamecube games that have online gaming but when i play mario kart wii on my emulator with the wiimmfi it works perfectly fine.

also im not an expert on this type of thing

We are playing NHL HItz 2002. I know that that doesn't natively have an online component but we are using the netplay function on Dolphin. As I had mentioned we are able to connect to each other fine and launch the game, it's just the game itself has a lot of texture popping, missing HUD and occasional audio pops.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or have any tips on how to resolve it?

Thanks!
You could try single core. It might be sensitive to dual.

Gatto

(07-29-2016, 10:42 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]You could try single core. It might be sensitive to dual.

Apologies for the delayed response (and for reviving a slightly stale thread). Just got back from a long vacation!

Craftyawesome, thank you for your suggestion! Having us both run on single core helped significantly; the textures no longer pop constantly and the HUD isn't missing anymore. Unfortunately the game still does a bit sluggish and the audio continues to pop. My friend and I attempted running using OpenAL for audio (which improved the quality but still pops) and we even greatly improved our internet connection. Also, disabling audio doesn't improve the gameplay.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how we could improve the speed of gameplay and reduce the audio popping?
Thanks!