Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mint 18 + Oibaf PPA = getting corrupt video output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fresh installed Mint 18 64-bit Cinnamon with Oibaf PPA for graphic drivers.  I'm using Dolphin 5.0 from this source.  The scaling is messed up in Dolphin 5.0.  BTW I've used both Git and regular.  

It starts off with only a small portion of the image visible but I can reveal more as I stretch it.  Fullscreen only gives me 1/4 visible screen. Playing with Internal resolution puts it all over the place.  Other 3D games run fine, specifically Portal 2, Half Life 2, and etc. 
No Linux users with my problem?
Portal 2/HL2/etc. aren't really a good benchmark for "does my graphics driver work correctly." There are tons of games that work fine on tons of graphics drivers that don't work fine in Dolphin due to missing/broken/weirdly behaving features.
Additionally, using git revisions of graphics stacks doesn't help determine that a game/program is broken, quite the opposite. I'm more inclined to believe that there is a bug in the graphics stack.

Can you test on stable drivers please
I figured out the problem. I had put "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1COMPAT" in the /etc/environment to increase my OpenGL support from 3.0 to 4.1. I'm aware the Radeon HD 6850 doesn't support OpenGL 4.1 due to not having fp64 in the hardware, but I figured no game uses it so it shouldn't be an issue. I lowered it to "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.0COMPAT" and the issue is gone.

I guess Dolphin makes use of OpenGL4.1?
Yep.[color=#ffffff].[/color]