Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WiiMote not moving with Dolphin Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I was hoping maybe someone can give me a quick solution as to why the WiiMote isn't moving. I'm connected to the bar, Dolphin recognizes the control.

Thanks for any help.
Which game are you trying to test on? Is the DolphinBar in Mode 4? Does it have the latest firmware?
(07-24-2016, 02:00 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Which game are you trying to test on? Is the DolphinBar in Mode 4? Does it have the latest firmware?

I've triple checked the firmware, says I have the currect version 0x08. It's also on Mode 4 now, but it still doesn't move. Sorry forgot to mention I'm testing it on the Wii Twilight Princess. Weird thing is after a while, the buttons stop working and doesn't power off either.
Do you have Dolphin set to Real Wiimote?
Are you a little ways back from the bar?
(07-24-2016, 02:14 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have Dolphin set to Real Wiimote?
Are you a little ways back from the bar?

No it has nothing to do with that. I updated my last conversation, with particular problems worsening.
(07-24-2016, 02:08 AM)HeavyPanting Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry forgot to mention I'm testing it on the Wii Twilight Princess. Weird thing is after a while, the buttons stop working and doesn't power off either.

Probably because there was a regression for the "reconnect disconnected Wiimote on input" feature. It's fixed in the latest development build.
(07-24-2016, 05:49 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because there was a regression for the "reconnect disconnected Wiimote on input" feature. It's fixed in the latest development build.

Ill give it a go, cheers.
Okay so I've narrowed down the issue. The Wiimote actually works, but it stops working all together after a short period of playing. It says "Wiimote failed emulated software" if I remember it correctly. Got to take out the battery as it won't turn off either. I think it's been solved in Dolphin 5.0-288. I've tried using the latest development version, but It won't load Wii games. Any advice would be greatly apprieciated, I think this is my solution.
5.0-290 is the first version to fix it. Anyway, there's no reason for the latest version not to load any Wii games. I don't see what recent changes could break game loading… are you able to, one, consistently reproduce the issue, and two, bisect the issue if you can?