Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows tablets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zola2000

Hi

I saw in here in this forums: "only good gaming laptop can run dolphin" but if I search YouTube I see: even a 100dollar tablet with Intel atom z8300 soc can run 32bit dolphin4 in full speed, this is a contradiction for me, I have an old z3735 tablet with windows10 and this can run dolphin in about 30-40% speed, the new 14nm atom chips really 3 times faster?

I think if I buy a z8500 tablet with 64bit windows the dolphin5 can run games with full speed with no problem? Or I have to wait to the new 10nm windows tablets if I want to run dolphin without problems?

(I using my tablet like a handheld with ipega tabet gamepad with games up to PSP/Dreamcast, and old PC games, I want to play ps2-gamecube too)

zola2000

Yes, some game runs good, but most game are not in z8300.

Well ... maybe i have to spare money for a z8500 tablet if i want full speed with most games ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROOTSc1YaJA ) but z8500 tablets are 2-3 times more expensive than the 8300 tablets.
Quote:maybe i have to spare money for a z8500 tablet if i want full speed with most games
Z8500 get full speed on most games ? No , it won't happen
2.2GHz SOC Atom (System On Chip) is no way as fast as 2.2GHz Core i3/i5/i7 . more likely 2 times slower ...
2.2GHz Core i3 / i5 /i7 is slow for most games anyway . Games that can be playable on Z8500 are even less than the number of your fingers . For Example , NSMB and Windwaker can be playable if you disable EFB copies to Ram via .ini , other than these 2 games ? Probably none
I have Fujitsu laptop with i5 4300M @ 3.3GHz (no GPU , only Intel HD 4600) , it still struggle in games like Mario Kart Wii and Xenoblade while i7 4700MQ @ 2.0GHz (underclock ) + Nvidia GTX 860M can run these games smoothly .
Intel IGPU sucks that's why you should save money and buy gaming laptop or you will regret it like I did with my Fujitsu laptop . It's in the store house btw , I have no use for it
I have a mini pc with a Z8500 in it. I can tell you, Trying to play Dolphin on it is not a fun experience. Super Mario sunshine runs anywhere between 40-80% of fullspeed based on where you're looking.
Now that I remember Super Mario sunshine's .ini has "EFB copies to Ram" enabled too , this is probably the 3rd game that can be playable on Z8500