Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin running at 50% speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Aerris

So, I've decided to try GBC emulation (Fire Emblem Path of Radiance to be precise), and while the game runs at 100% during menus, it get really low during gameplay (~50%) and even lower during cinematics (~30%). I'm using the default settings. Now, I'm wondering is my pc strong enough to support GBC emulation, and if it is, what am I doing wrong.

I hope i didn't post this in the wrong forum. Also, I'm not listing specs since I listed 'em during registration, and you guys can see them, right?

EDIT - In case you cant see my specs, they are:

OS Windows XP x86
AMD Phenom™ 9550 quad quore processor 2.21 ghz
ASUS EAH4670 series
2gb ram
Dolphin 4.0

Smile
We don't support Dolphin 4.0 anymore.

Upgrade your OS to 64 bit and install 5.0 for support.

Aerris

(07-22-2016, 01:02 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]We don't support Dolphin 4.0 anymore.

Upgrade your OS to 64 bit and install 5.0 for support.

Thank you very much for you kind answer sir.

Now, i hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries, but I'd like to ask would I be able to run GC games at full speed if i upgraded to 5.0 and ran 64 bit system?
Probably not. That's a slow and old CPU as much faster as 5.0 is.

Maybe Melee.
(07-22-2016, 12:44 PM)Aerris Wrote: [ -> ]So, I've decided to try GBC emulation (Fire Emblem Path of Radiance to be precise)

I had no idea Path of Radiance came out for the Game Boy Color Tongue

I know I say this a lot, but TimeSplitters 2 will run on anything, basically. It's fun if you're into FPS games, plenty of modes and stuff to waste your time with. Animal Crossing doesn't take much to run (basically a ported N64 game on the GameCube) and that's a great time waster too.
Legend of Zelda Windwaker and new super mario bros in my experience wasn't that bad to run. I based this on when I was using a i5 460m with dolphin 4 before I gave my old laptop to my stepfather. That said you probably be better of getting a new computer if you try to run dolphin more as a modern cpu would be much better. Modern intel i3 and pentium based on haswell\skylake or higher would be greater then any current amd cpu for dolphin though. I haven't try 5 on that laptop(no long have it) but I didn't have some level with slowdown with 4 with melee though on that laptop. That said I doubt it would have it with 5.
An i5-450m is significantly faster than their CPU

Aerris

(07-22-2016, 04:13 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I had no idea Path of Radiance came out for the Game Boy Color Tongue

I know I say this a lot, but TimeSplitters 2 will run on anything, basically. It's fun if you're into FPS games, plenty of modes and stuff to waste your time with. Animal Crossing doesn't take much to run (basically a ported N64 game on the GameCube) and that's a great time waster too.

Ooops, that muscle memory!

Well, yeah, I've been planing to get a new pc for a long time, I guess that time is nigh.

Any special prerequisites for being able to run Wii emulation well, or it's as simple as getting best possible specifications?
Get a nice Skylake i5 or i7. Or wait a few months for Kaby Lake.
One last thing: Upgrade your OS to any recent version (Windows 8, Windows 10 X64), WinXP X64 is not supported (and was never supported).
Pages: 1 2