Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory card damaged!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DaiDensetsu

Hi everyone.

I don't know where to put the thread so I put it here.

I played zelda wind waker and used both save states and normal save. However, I accidentally forgot to save on one of those I think and it tells me:
The game cannot be saved. The memory card in slot a is damaged and  cannot be used. Please insert a functional memory card in Slot A.

I tried deleting the memory card and used gci files... but nothing works. I can save from the beginning but cannot save from the savestate.

Fortunately, I have my progress in the savestate but I can't do a normal save from it.

Is there any way to fix this?

If this thread is in wrong location please move it. Thanks in advance.
This is one of the reasons why we discourage using save states. If you load a save state, save the game regularly, reload the save state, and then re save regularly, it can break the save and the only way to fix it is to have a copy of the unbroken save.

DaiDensetsu

(07-22-2016, 02:43 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the reasons why we discourage using save states. If you load a save state, save the game regularly, reload the save state, and then re save regularly, it can break the save and the only way to fix it is to have a copy of the unbroken save.

thats why I wrote accidentally, I only use savestate for backup or stuff like mini-games. and it wasn't my intention to save/load at that time (i missed the shift or the function key was working probably)

I'll post the savestate if needed. I think it can be solved. It happened to me before in super mario sunshine and other games and I fixed it but now those methods don't work. I'm using dolphin 5.0 and I don't know if its related to it or not.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

What happens if you open Dolphin settings, choose "no memory card" (or something like that), then switch the setting back to before? That could trick Wind Waker into thinking the card is not corrupt.

Are you using GCI folders, or .raw files?
By the way, you can undo a state load/save in the Emulation menu.

DaiDensetsu

(07-22-2016, 06:44 AM)jimbo1qaz Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you open Dolphin settings, choose "no memory card" (or something like that), then switch the setting back to before? That could trick Wind Waker into thinking the card is not corrupt.

Are you using GCI folders, or .raw files?

Thanks very very much!

It worked for me, first it did not recognize the absence of memory card and keep telling the memory card is damaged. After I returned the memory card "while the game is open" it says the memory card need formatting then it saves normally.

DaiDensetsu

(07-22-2016, 07:07 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, you can undo a state load/save in the Emulation menu.

oh I didn't know about this. does this work like a backup?
thanks very much. I solved the problem but it would be nice to know about new functions.