Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin simply doesn't launch (5.0 version)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've installed the latest stable build of Dolphin and the program simply don't launch. I've googled but I didn't find anything.
Same thing with the latest build of Pcsx2.
Not even shows up in Task Manager.

I really don't know what to do.

Running in W7 x64.

Sad Sad
Try running Dolphin with Admin rights
(07-22-2016, 12:19 AM)DarknessBlu Wrote: [ -> ]Try running Dolphin with Admin rights

I've tried already, bro.

I've tested one thing: Installed 2 builds of Dolphin, 4.0.2 and 5.0. The first one I got no problem. I swap the .exe and .dll files from 4.0.2 to 5.0 and Voilá!

I think the issue is inside the .exe file of Dolphin 5.0, but still don't know how to fix.

Sad
Running Dolphin with admin rights is a pretty terrible advice as far as security is concerned. There's no good reason ever to do that on Windows.

OP, if you try the latest dev builds, does it show any error message?
(07-22-2016, 01:40 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Running Dolphin with admin rights is a pretty terrible advice as far as security is concerned. There's no good reason ever to do that on Windows.

OP, if you try the latest dev builds, does it show any error message?

Not even a single message. Doesn't launch, doesn't shows up the process at Task Manager. It loads for 3 secs, than if I try again, don't even load.

Exactly the same issue in pcsx2 1.4.0 (latest build). Googled hard, without success.
Sounds like you need to reinstall the Visual studio redistributable 2015 for both the x86 and x64 version. Then make sure you have the latest driver updates, all Windows updates installed, and run the DirectX web installer.

Also, running in Admin mode is useful to determine if you don't have read/write access to the Dolphin Emulator folder in My Documents. Then when you fix that issue, you don't need to run in admin mode anymore.
(07-22-2016, 02:47 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you need to reinstall the Visual studio redistributable 2015 for both the x86 and x64 version. Then make sure you have the latest driver updates, all Windows updates installed, and run the DirectX web installer.

Also, running in Admin mode is useful to determine if you don't have read/write access to the Dolphin Emulator folder in My Documents. Then when you fix that issue, you don't need to run in admin mode anymore.

I will try to reinstall the VSR 2015. The drivers, I've updated them yesterday. This problem is consuming me for months.

I will post if I got success in reinstall the VSR. Thanks bro!
Reinstalled the VSR and unfortunatelly no success. Same problem. Done a deep scan for virus, nothing...

Don't know what to do now..
Since you're on Windows 7, try doing the free upgrade to Windows 10 and see if that helps. If not, and you don't like windows 10, you can always roll back down to Windows 7.
Since Dolphin is not the only one that doesn't work with you, doing the jump to W10 as KHg8m3r sugested might be your best bet, or doing a clean W7 install. Might be not the case, but are you having trouble with other apps you have installed (Besides Dolphin and PCSX2), and do they work properly? If you are, you can check this out to see if it helps:" http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...19f2ca344d".

It doesn't seem Dolphin is the culprit. Hope you can solve your issue.
Pages: 1 2