Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 and Windows 10 freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using the exact same build of Dolphin that I used two days ago and I did a clean new install of Windows 10 today because I bought a GTX 1080 and wanted to use DX12. No matter what I set it to the games were freezing and crashing.

I upgraded my Dolphin install to the newest development build as of today, and many games are working better now, but for some reason Boom Blox freezes up every time I get into a meu where the explanation box pops up before you choose the level you want to play. Bash Party does the exact same thing. Has anyone else had similar issues with Windows 10? It worked flawlessly the other day when I still had Windows 7 on.

DX12 has some issues. You can expect it to mostly work, though.
I tried DX11 and OpenGL. It does the same thing. That stinks too cause my son and I were really into it. Smile Oh well. Hopefully an update will fix it some time. Thanks!
Did you update/install DirectX? You normally have to do that after wiping a windows installation: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...wsignin1.0

all your VC++ redist. libraries in place?

drivers updated?

Windows installation fully updated?
Is the game a good dump?
Actually, it does happen to me from time to time, It tends to freeze and crash when going to actual gameplay (After cutscenes or main menu). I have windows 10 x64 and using dx12 in dolphin, deleting the cache folder fixes it for me. Hope it works for you. Oh and by the way, It happens in every build for me, but I think the problem is on my end and not dolphin's.
I'll try deleting the cache folder next time I get on it. All of my drivers and DX are up to date and Windows 10 is fully updated as well. I think there's just something that Windows 10 doesn't agree with in there somewhere because the exact same setup ran great under Win7. Thanks for the advice guys.
New question. Where is the cache folder that I need to delete?
It's in your documents folder under Dolphin Emulator. Shuld be the first folder in alphabetical order
(07-23-2016, 09:00 AM)DarknessBlu Wrote: [ -> ]It's in your documents folder under Dolphin Emulator. Shuld be the first folder in alphabetical order

Thanks! I'll try it out!
Pages: 1 2